About the Position
Who we are
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our Technology Center for Patient Blood Management in Munich is developing and manufacturing the ROTEM® systems.
We're seeking innovative problem solvers - Software Engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art In Vitro Diagnostic Medical devices for use at the point of care. These engineers build great products and bring new ideas to solve real-world problems. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture, and we need engineers who can work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a software engineer, you will be part of our technical staff that plans, designs, implements, verifies, and commercializes our medical device products.
- Implement medical device software components in C++/Qt on Linux.
- Create associated software deliverables such as requirements and design documentation, software code, and unit and integration plans and procedures.
- Perform Unit and Integration testing activities, troubleshooting, and provide support to testing through formal verification.
- Participate in requirements, architecture, risk analysis, design, design reviews, implementation, code reviews, and reliability assessments.
- Comply with company quality processes per regulatory guidelines (IVDR, FDA).
- Work well in a team whose work product reflects highly professional standards.
- Complete projects on time to meet common team goals.
- Support process improvement activities.
- Develop software tools as needed
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar degree required.
- Solid understanding of design methods (e.g., OOD, UML) and full software product life cycles using agile methodologies.
- Ability to develop software requirements based on product/system level requirements.
- Highly skilled in C++11 (or newer) on Linux
- Networking and Database knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, and JIRA.
- Initiative, dedication, and independent work style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German is a plus.
- We use our passion and long-term vision to develop meaningful innovations that truly enhance patient care and help create healthier societies worldwide.
- We are an international, agile, and diverse team.
- We provide a flexible and hybrid work environment.
Please send your application documents stating the earliest date you could start and your desired salary to our HR department (preferably via email):
Tem Innovations GmbH