Technical Support Specialist
About the Position
Position Title: Technical Support Specialist
Name of Department: Technical Services
This position reports to (position title): Technical Services Manager
Location: United Kingdom
Number and position titles of direct reports reporting to this position: Nil
This is a role intended to deliver of first line Applications, Hardware and IT support for incoming customer support requests. Provision of ‘Connected and Remote’ Technical assistance for Werfen (UK) in both reactive and proactive situations. . This is a primarily a role to facilitate both pro-active and reactive support and diagnostics within the Technical Services Department. The Technical Support Specialist will work in conjunction with all Technical Services staff to provide customer satisfaction, minimizing instrument downtime and mitigating unnecessary on-site support. Through routine monitoring and remote diagnosis, the Technical Support Specialist will enhance the functional role of the Field Service Engineer and Application Specialist.
The Technical Support Specialists will dispatch on site requirements to the relevant team and in conjunction with the Service Administrator, ensure parts availability and support provision for field engineering staff. The role is office based, but may require infrequent travel to customer premises under the direction of Technical Services Manager.
- Customer and colleague support by phone and via remote desktop access to assist with Technical and IT based issues across all Werfen product lines.
- First point of contact for applications, hardware and IT support requests and technical enquiries arriving at the Service Office.
- Routine daily monitoring of connected instruments with predictive logic systems available.
- Registration and dispatch of Instrument activity in Webline / SAP, in line with departmental processes and appropriate connected service assignations
- Escalation of issues remotely detected: monitoring, remotely assisting and raising attended visits in accordance with departmental procedures and policies to Field Service Engineers, Application Specialist and Account Manager staff
- Records and report customer interactions, inquiries, comments and complaints in Webline / SAP, with details of actions taken
- Identify and assess customer´s needs to achieve satisfaction, suggesting solutions when a product malfunctions
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated internal resource to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Reproduce customer specific problems related to reagents/applications in headquarters
- Monitoring of Webline / SAP ‘open’ interventions to ensure continuity of customer support for both proactive and reactive efforts.
- Notification to Field Service and Account Manager staff of support activity occurring on their instrument base by electronic report.
- Assist with the coordination of external repair of equipment for Whole Blood haemostasis products
- Routine entry of Cases and Complaints arising in line with company procedures.
- Assistance with the Creation of monthly performance reports for connected, monitored instruments
- Assist with maintenance of the Service diary, detailing the daily planned activity and presence of Technical Services Staff.
- Where required, Identification and order of instrument parts for Help Line repair (i.e. customer directed) plus proactive and reactive service interventions
- Assistance with the generation of monthly / quarterly service logs and KPI reports.
- Monitoring and review of Web Service hardware and software, identifying persisting issues and registering for escalated support with the appropriate persons.
- Provision of IT support for hardware and software connections to customers, using telephone and remote desktop to address connectivity issues with both Instrument end users and site IT professionals.
- Assisting with compliance with and recording of evidence for Quality systems
- Assistance to the IT and Network staff with maintaining and configuring Endian devices.
- Supporting customers with the correct use of Werfen instruments and reagents
- Application and Hardware testing in house to support other Werfen employees with troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Creation of customer complaints in Lotus notes in accordance with quality procedures.
- Provide assistance to the product groups with customer training and education
- Provision of training to Account Managers, Application Specialists and Field Service engineers as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain areas of expertise in product specialism's required for the role; sharing knowledge with the rest of the Service Support team
Internal Networking/Key relationships
This position requires full cooperation with all Technical Services staff plus good communication and strong relationships with all Product Group staff. Continual communication and collaborative working with other Technical Support Specialists, plus a strong, positive interface with Field Service Engineers is necessary to bi-directionally identify the best course of action for any situation, to ensure the provision of required services and high customer satisfaction. Regular communication will also be required with Sales Office and Order Processing staff.
Minimum Skills and Capabilities:
- Scientific, Engineering and Technical proficiency
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written
- Efficient planning and organisation capability
- Interest in problem solving and issue identification
- Keen attention to detail
- Positive and Helpful attitude.
- IT literacy
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
Bachelors level degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in an IT, Technical or Support related field, with a minimum of 36 months employment experience post education, plus:
- Understanding of or experience working with In-Vitro Diagnostics equipment.
- A good team working background in a customer focused role
- Experience with IT and networking an advantage.
- Required: No
- Infrequent, UK based.
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.