About the Position
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
We're seeking innovative leaders – Staff Software Engineers in Test to provide leadership working within an Agile environment on state-of-the-art Invitro Diagnostic Medical devices for use at the point of care. These engineers are hands-on, action oriented, and highly technical with responsibilities including designing, implementing, and debugging test automation solutions fo the company’s medical devices.
The Staff Software Engineer in Test role plays an important part in our company's product development process. If you have an engineering background, are looking for a leadership role, and enjoy providing end-to-end automated test solutions, we'd like to meet you. This role will influence important technical directions and can evolve to a role that would supervise direct reports.
- Provide leadership to other test automation engineers
- Perform integration and performance testing of the company’s Invitro-Diagnostic medical devices and accessories.
- Evaluate test results, and working with software developers to resolve failures
- Collaborate with the software development and system verification teams to design and implement solutions in support of continuous integration, new release testing, and sys- tem’s functionality testing.
- Identify tools and processes used for test development and test automation
- Supports validation of test tools
- Participate in design reviews, risk analysis, and reliability assessments
- Participates in interviews for new department personnel.
- Provides technical leadership on projects
- Supports process improvement activities.
- Develops software tools as needed.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education and Experiance:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar degree required.
- 10+ years’ experience developing test automation solutions for embedded Linux based devices under test.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Solid understanding of full software product life cycles using agile methodologies.
- Ability to estimate work durations based on high-level requirements.
- Expertise with Python or Java-script
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, and JIRA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.