About the Position
Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
We're seeking innovative leaders - Embedded Software Engineers who seek to lead the design of new products, designing state-of-the-art Invitro Diagnostic Medical devices for use at the point of care. These engineers build great products and bring new ideas to solve real-world problems. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture, and we need engineers who can communicate directly at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a Senior Staff embedded software engineer, you will be part of our senior technical staff that plans, designs, implements, verifies, and commercializes our medical device products. This role will influence important technical directions and can evolve to a role that would supervise direct reports.
- Responsible for technical design and implementation of significant software subsystems and components.
- Develops high quality software written in C, C++.
- Creates associated software deliverables such as requirements and design documentation, software code, and unit and integration test plans and procedures.
- Performs Unit and Integration testing activities, embedded hardware troubleshooting, and provides support to testing through design verification and validation.
- Conduct/participate in architecture, design reviews, risk analysis, code reviews, and reliability assessments
- Complies with company quality processes and produces objective evidence per FDA and IVDR guidelines.
- Participates in interviews for new department personnel.
- Provides technical leadership on projects
- Supports process improvement activities.
- Develops software tools as needed.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar degree required.
- 12+ years embedded software development experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Solid understanding of design methods (e.g. OOD, UML) and full software product life cycles using agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Software Architectural issues when designing embedded systems.
- Ability to estimate work durations based on high-level requirements.
- Understanding of real-time concepts on embedded Linux or RTOS platforms, multi-threaded applications and inter-process communication
- Ability to develop software requirements based on product/system level requirements.
- Highly skilled in ANSI C, C++
- Scripting expertise with Python or similar language
- Networking experience: TCP/IP, NAT, L2 Switching, Firewalls, DHCP
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, and JIRA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.