Key Account Manager (Thailand)
About the Position
Title of position: Key Account Manager | Thailand
Name of Department: Country Sales
This position reports to: South East Asia 2 Area Director
Location (base): Bangkok - Thailand
Number of direct reports (and total number of team members) reporting to this position: Nil
The Key Account Manager is responsible for identifying and managing, together with our distribution partners, the relationship between the Key Decision Makers (in hospitals, private laboratories, region & health administrations) and the Company. Business territory is Thailand and main focus on Hemostasis and Blood Gas product Lines.
- Assures the Compliance with Ethical Code
- Manages the relationship between the company and the KDM, KOL and Distribution Partners
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customer´s management
- Applies the business strategy defined for each business line
- Responsible for following the sales funnel and actively seek out new sales opportunities together with our distribution partners
- Focuses the actions on Value Selling
- Responsible for the profitability of the accounts
- Maintains a current and in-depth knowledge of all products in the range
- Ensures that new accounts place a standing order as soon as possible and that Werfen products are used to the maximum extent.
- In conjunction with Area Director ensures that reagent standing orders are renewed prior to expiry of the current one.
- Assures the compliance of the agreements and service levels with customers
- Gets to know all the relevant information about customers buying procedures, use it and report it with the adequate tools
- In conjunction with the Application Specialists ensures that new systems are installed efficiently and brought into routine use as quickly as possible
- Articulates the Company’s resources (specialists, product managers, technical support) for specific projects and problem resolution
- Knows the product specifications and its impact on our customer health economics
- Leads public tenders and private labs negotiations
- Provides a sales forecast at each Sales Meeting; must be able to give an in-depth review of each account on the presented forecast.
- Is aware of and report on competitive activities / strategies
- Understands the views of users and non-users on our products and their future product wishes
- Ensures that you are familiar with our Quality System and follow relevant procedures.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Area Director and Product Managers
- Commercial Technical Specialists and Technical Support Team
- Customer Service and Logistics
Skills & Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following core competencies:
- Customer focus
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Project management skills
- Effective team worker
- Good communication skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills and a good listener
- Negotiation skills
- Holistic view of business
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: BSc or equivalent in Medical Technology or Biomedical Science
- Experience: Laboratory experience and 3-5 year experience in the field of sales & marketing in in-vitro diagnostics sector, and minimum 3 years with national sales, channel or distributor management in Thailand.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- A good working knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Language: English and Thai
- Required: Yes
- Up to 80% of time
- Frequent trips within Thailand and eventual trips to US and/or Europe for training and business meetings.
Send us your CV
Please, send us your CV if you wish to apply to this position.