Haemostsis Product Manager (Southeast Asia)
About the Position
Function as a key person in every aspect of marketing, sales and clinical support of Hemostasis business unit within South East Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Brunei). Support customers, distributors and Werfen local representative offices in the area. Work closely with Werfen’s Worldwide Haemostasis Strategic Business Unit (SBU) to understand and manage our product offering. Identify the right market segment for each product and pursue/develop opportunities and growth initiatives in those segments. Define strategies to optimize market share, profitability, revenue retention, and sustainable growth. Build a deep understanding of the Hemostasis field, to include activities such as:
- Contribute to Key Opinion Leader (KOL) identification and development.
- Support product studies and evaluations.
- Participate to local / International events/congress when required.
- Marketing Plan including market situation analysis.
- Competitor surveillance.
- Support and train distributor’s sales and marketing teams to understand our product positioning to achieve expected performance.
- Train distributors to deliver end user product training as well as educational events.
- Define a yearly marketing plan and define the right strategy to achieve the sales & marketing targets of the BU.
- Management of the complete Haemostasis product portfolio throughout the product life cycle with key activities including identifying opportunities, pre-launch (including regulatory affairs), launch, and post launch activities, market adoption, project management and competitor information and market intelligence.
- Support existing and potential users of Werfen products as well as distributors in the region. Hold regular meetings and work closely with customers, local team and distributors to expand business prospects.
- Develop and maintain cordial business relations with key opinion leaders and decision makers in private hospitals, healthcare setups, government institutions, diagnostic lab chains and other related healthcare institutions.
- Align implementation of the BU strategy together with management and sales area managers as well as following up performance on a monthly basis.
- Manage incident and related quality assurance or handling of product complaints as well as controlling the process of claim approval (refer to company guideline for all product issue/incident topics).
- Periodically meet distributor’s staff to assess their knowledge and identify needs for new training, as well as reinforce user & distributor’s product and application competency.
- Visit both prospective as well as current customers at their labs. Assess their needs and introduce or give updates on haemostasis product range.
- Act as a liaison between the local distributor/s and the head office reporting specific issues and or updating local organization with latest product’s related information.
Budget managed (if applicable)
Marketing Budget for Hemostasis
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- Sales and Marketing teams
Skills & Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- Capable and or experience in marketing, application support and clinical evaluation collaboration with in-vitro-diagnostics sector.
- High level of execution, time management and listening skills.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize opportunities and take decisive action in a timely manner.
- Good ability to work across groups to identify opportunities and gain agreement on shared priorities.
- Proven analytical skills with ability to understand complex customer requirements and other related information to produce sound business recommendations.
- Skillful on Product presentation and Product Management.
Werfen People Manager Competencies: (applicable if in a People Manager Position)
The following competencies form part of the competency model for People Manager at Werfen and form part of our mindset around People Management and Leadership. We expect all People Managers of Werfen not only to demonstrate, but also to constantly continue to develop, the following competencies:
- Building Talent
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Driving for Results
- Driving Innovation
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: Bachelor Degree: Biotechnology, Life Science, Engineering, Pharma or similar.
- 3-5 year experience in the field of sales & marketing in in-vitro diagnostics sector
- Minimum 3 years with national sales, channel or distributor management in Thailand
- Required: Yes
- Frequent trips within SEA and 1 or 2 trips/year to US and Europe for training and business meetings.